Not A Fan But A Follower

Not A Fan But A Follower
Trust in Jesus

Monday, March 20, 2017

Need # 5 Turn to Jesus (written form)

Need # 5 Turn to Jesus

As I'm thinking on this next Need # 5" Turn to Jesus” I started watching a movie called “Not a Fan" on Pure Flix. It’s sort of a devotional movie. I had forgotten what the book Not a Fan was about. As the movie played I realized it’s about the topic I'm starting to look at. So, it's playing in the back ground as I sit here organizing my thoughts.

 Turning to Jesus many will say I have turned to Jesus (Turning =Following). Many believe in Jesus, how many FOLLOW JESUS.  Why do we need to turn to Jesus? Some will say because were all sinner's That is correct, as stated in Romans 3:10 as it is written:

“None is righteous, no, not one;
11     no one understands;
    no one seeks for God.
12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless;
    no one does good,
not even one.”

Some will say because he died for us, he paid the penalty for our sins. That is also correct. 1Peter2:24 He himself (Jesus)bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds, you have been healed.

 I would like to keep this in context with other scripture in the bible. The bible in my thinking is its best commentary. What are we healed from? Before I answer that question let’s look at another companion scripture Isaiah 53:5

5 But he was pierced for our transgressions;
    he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his wounds we are healed.

 In 1st Peter it mentions he Bore our sins, In Isaiah it mentions transgressions, and iniquities, Both end with by his wound's we are healed. From what???? The penalty that we should suffer for our sins Jesus suffered in our stead that is in our place, so that we might not have to suffer the penalty of our sin and are able to live righteous. The chastisement he suffered was to bring us peace, so yes, we need Jesus. For without him we would be required to suffer the penalty of our own sins. What I'm not saying, and I want to be clear here. So as Dr, Charles Stanley would say " Now Listen up" .There are consequences in the here and now world for our sins. There is probably a reaction to our sinful action that we may need to deal with during our time in this world. I'm speaking of being healed of the penalty for our sins in our eternity. After we die. We are forgiven here and now by God because of what Jesus did, and don't serve the penalty for our  sins in eternity.

 I do want to make a statement on eternal security. Some may read my comments above and think I advocate for eternal security or also known as once saved always saved. That would not be a correct assumption. I am not a proponent of OSAS nor am I a proponent of the ability to lose your salvation. I think there is sufficient scripture to support both views. Your fruit or actions dare I say it your works will be the evidence of your faith
I like how the Waymouth New Testament puts it. James 2:22You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works; Does the evidence of your life show that you have faith. If the evidence shows faith, then do you have salvation? I'm going to leave that question open ended and just let you dwell on that thought.

   As the book "Not A Fan " are you a fan of Jesus you believe in him and go to church but that's about it. At work, he is not there with, you leave him at home. You just take Jesus to church. Or are you a player, a follower, a participant, I named this need as: Need to turn to Jesus" I'm also going to add and follow Jesus.

 Luke 9:23 And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.
 Deny himself Refers to setting aside one’s interests for the sake of God’s kingdom. Take up his cross every day Jesus’ disciples must be willing to follow Him every day, no matter what the cost.

Are you willing to deny yourself, are you willing to set aside your interest, are you willing to take up his cross, and are you willing to follow him no matter the cost?

 Matthew 10:38 And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.
Jesus’ words here foreshadow His death and call on His followers to identify themselves fully with Him, to the point of being willing to die as He did. Are you willing to live for him in his humility?

Matthew 19: 21 Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.” 22 When the young man heard this he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.


 In Matthew 19:21 perfect Describes being complete or mature.
sell your possessions Jesus sees the young man’s attachment to his possessions as a hindrance to faith. He commands the man to rid himself of whatever prevents him from making a total commitment to the kingdom of heaven.
Jesus’ instructions suggest that the man has not truly kept the commandments, beginning with the first one—the command to have no other gods except Yahweh


There are some people who have trusted in Jesus Christ as their Savior, but do little to act on their belief (James 1:27; 2:14–26). Others actively follow Christ: They live as true disciples, passionately pursuing the Lord’s will in all things. These are the ones who take their relationship with Christ seriously.
Ask yourself: Are you merely a believer or actually a follower of Jesus? Trusting in Jesus Christ is fundamental, but it’s only the first step. Living in and seeking out the Kingdom of God.

 Your primary purpose is to take a lifelong journey following in the Lord’s footsteps—honoring Him with your actions and speech and increasing in biblical wisdom.
A Christ follower’s life is summed up in the phrase, “Complete obedience.” In fact, Jesus defined true Christians as those who prove (prove = to give evidence for) their love for Him by obeying His teaching (John 14:23)
 .Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him
.
 When it comes to obeying God, our only response is I will or I won’t. It’s tempting to say, “I will, but …” as some of Jesus’ would-be disciples did, but that’s a roundabout way of saying no (Luke 9:57–62). Some are on the fence when it comes to Jesus, but the problem there is Satan owns the fence.

 57 As they were going along the road, someone said to him, “I will follow you wherever you go.” 58 And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head.” 59 To another he said, “Follow me.” But he said, “Lord, let me first go and bury my father.” 60 And Jesus[a] said to him, “Leave the dead to bury their own dead. But as for you, go and proclaim the kingdom of God.” 61 Yet another said, “I will follow you, Lord, but let me first say farewell to those at my home.” 62 Jesus said to him, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.”

 Followers remain faithful to the Lord’s plan whether doing so is easy or hard. Not only that, but they proclaim Him in both blessing and calamity, and they follow Him even when they are uncertain where He is leading.

 What is it in your life that is keeping you from being just a fan to a player in your life as a Christian.??

I've written about 5 Needs that I think Christians are called to do if you desire to serve God and build on the relationship you can have with him through his son Jesus and the sacrifices he made and, Through the guidance of the Holy spirit who live in you.
The 5 Needs
1 Need To Take God Seriously
2 Need To Humble Yourself
3 Need To Pray
4 Need To Study Gods Word
5 Need To Turn To Jesus And Follow Him

There may be more needs than what I've written about, these are not in order of what’s most important. Start with these Needs if you desire to have a fulfilling relationship With God.
God Bless

By Russ Kujawski

No comments:

Post a Comment